The HiPo Lounge

So it's like, a blog about me. And my notions about some things.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'm, like, direct.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

A Post That Is Somewhere In Between Last Weekend And This Weekend

It has literally taken me until tonight--Saturday night--to block out some time to blog. All week I've wanted to tell you about the fun things I did last weekend, but now it seems totally irrelevant, seeing as it is currently this weekend. But nothing interesting is going on this weekend. And there are like 800 things that have occurred during the week that are infinitely more interesting than what's going on right now. (Right now? I am writing this. I am writing it in hot new jeans, but that's about the only interesting thing going on. The hot jeans. Boring, right?)

But fuck it. I'll tell you about last weekend anyway.

So I live alone and all my friends in Seattle are couples. "C'mon, Leslie! You have to have some single friends?" No, my friend, no I do not. I do not have ONE SINGLE FRIEND in Seattle. Not one. I've adapted to this quite well, so I don't need you to feel sorry for me about it. But my weekends are not the most, uh, social times. Most of the time, I love the solace the weekend brings. It's just me and the dog and I do chores and sleep a lot (because I don't sleep during the week) and clean and shop and what have you. I have a pretty typical urban single gal existence.

But every once in a while, I have, like, a TOTALLY social weekend. Usually it's not planned. This past weekend was kickstarted early Friday morning, when I got a text from my friend Susie inviting me to go see the Hives play on Saturday night. I was supposed to go down to PDX for this gal's party, but I opted out, not because I don't LOVE HER TO DEATH, but because I absolutely CANNOT NOT make out with her brother in law when I see him. It's like he's got magical powers or something. Seriously. And I have my hands full with another boy situation that will likely end in tragedy, so I don't need the extra burden right now.

Anyway, I never get to have a girly night out, ever, because of course all of my friends are boys, so I got pretty excited about the idea of hanging out with another chick for the whole evening. And Susie is literally one of the most awesome people I know in Seattle. She's my friend Ben's fiance. She's British and finds everything hilarious, and I can't think of a more delightful person with whom to keep company. So I agreed to go out. "Whoo hoo!" I thought. A weekend night out! What a rarity!

In the meantime, I got an email from my buddy John inviting me to a dinner party that night. I thought it was a joke at first. (I'm never invited to dinner parties at John and Cait's--not because I'm not important or something, I just think they forget about me because I'm single. It's not a mean thing at all, it's just that when you're tracking all of your peeps as couples, the single person does not show up on the radar. It's just what happens. I was bitter about this when I first moved back here, but now I don't give a shit. Really, it's just what happens.) So after some witty back and forth email, wherein John let me know that I was legitimately invited, I was like, "Cool. Swanky dinner party. I can do that."

Anyway, I'll spare you the in-depth details, but suffice it to say that Friday night I ate a TON of spectacular food (Cait is the best cook, like, ever) and consumed a TON of spectacular wine (we all had to bring a particular bottle of wine and we had tastings all night) and chit-chatted about work and got to see an old college buddy of mine who I hadn't seen in over a decade (Hi AH, if you read this!) and it was delightful. And then, on Saturday, I went and had dinner at Ben and Susie's place and then Ben chaufferred us to the show in Susie's Mercedes Benz (which was very fancy) and we made up all these inside jokes at the show (I love inside jokes. They're my favorite) and just generally had a fabulous time. And it was quite lovely to to have a weekend that wasn't par for the course, even though I quite like my par for the course weekends.

And then my work week was so crazed that it felt like three weeks wrapped into one. I'll spare you the in-depth details, but suffice it to say that Monday some people on my team were let go (which is sad) and I had my first official film shoot (where I was told that my antics in getting myself down to Austin for SXSW were considered "quite the coup"--I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but there you have it), and then I had a lot of meetings, and then I had some more film shoots at the end of the week (did you know that it's quite a lot of fun to make a movie with your company? Especially when your company has a really good sense of humor, and they're paying you to dick around with expensive film equipment and hang out with upper management?) I got to shoot one of the scenes myself, so that was pretty sweet. And I was sorta kinda in charge of sound, so I hope I didn't fuck that up too much. We'll see.

And now here we are. A very uneventful Saturday night (except for the hot jeans. Update! The jeans? They are still hot. These jeans aren't sweating it, so don't worry.) I've spent an entire day doing nothing but watching TV and lazing around in my pajamas, all in anticipation of the absolute utter lack of sleep that is going to be this week and all of next weekend. SXSW is going to murder me, but I know it's going to be worth it. Hopefully I will get a post in before I leave. But yeah, this is a snapshot of what my universe looks like right now. There's a lot going on. But I'm having fun with all of it.

Let me know if you feel you need to check in with the new hot jeans at all. I can let you know how they're doing, you know, whenever . . .

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger shannou said...

What, no picture of the hot jeans? Not even a peak?

6:12 PM  
Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

Oh Shannon, you'll get to see them IN PERSON in one week. I might even let you touch them--if you're good;)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Mr Lady said...

I would like, very much, to have a picture of said jeans and a boy story in my email box. Stat.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mr Lady said...

And Caty's brother is old enough to make out with? Whaa?

Dear Lord, it has been WAY too long since I've seen Caty.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

No, Caty's brother-in-law. Her husband's brother. He has, like, magical powers of convincing me that it's a really, really good idea to make out with him.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Mr Lady said...

I was sitting here going .....Caty's brother Caty's brother Caty's brother...I don't remember Caty having a brother. He must have been WAY young.

Glad to know I'm not crazy.

9:01 PM  
Blogger molly_g said...

If Caty had a brother, I would have made out with him.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

Yeah, no kidding. Caty's hypothetical brother? Hot. I'm already married to him in an alternate universe.

11:38 PM  
Blogger shannou said...

I probably had my chance to touch them while you were in Austin, and I was so overjoyed to see you that I missed it, alas!

Oh vell, it was great to hang with you while you were here! Sorry I didn't get to hug you goodbye, but it was quite a whirlwind week for us both, methinks.

10:17 AM  
Blogger shannou said...

yeepa!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home