The HiPo Lounge

So it's like, a blog about me. And my notions about some things.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'm, like, direct.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Because I Once Told Someone, "There is nothing in this world that is not funny, not even death."

This has probably been all over the Internets for months or something, but a buddy just sent it to me tonight, and I haven't had a good laugh in about a week and 1/2 straight, and I fucking LIVE to laugh, honest to God, and it was just what I needed. And I love Demetri Martin. The thing that absolutely kills me is the ransom letter/paperclip joke. Because when I was writing that goodbye letter to Kristin, that fucking paperclip came up, asking me if I was writing a letter and needed some help. At that moment, I was so close to shattering every piece of glassware I own-- you have no idea. No, I do NOT need help writing a goodbye letter to one of my best friends who just died, paperclip. But thanks. Thanks for your concern. Thanks for your empathy, paperclip. It moves me in ways I cannot express . . .

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, go watch and laugh. I'm tired of torturing you people with drama. Because really? I quite like you. For realz.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6-h_XfVaLK8

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I love him. I should get you a copy of the CD. It's fun.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Gotta love Demetri Martin. He had a special on Comedy Central a while back and it's even better when you can see what he's doing :)

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mr Lady said...

Going to watch it later, but I really want to come hang out soon. Reserve a spot on you dance card and tell me when I am slotted in, okay?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Leslie Dillinger said...

Mr.Lady,

You can come down here any time you want! Seriously!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

He was funny. Glad your laughing again.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home